Monday, July 7, 2008


The city of Creede, Colorado (population 500) puts on a darned nice Fourth of July parade.
Antique cars, children on their parent's shoulders, clowns, cowboys and pretty girls on horseback - who could want for more?

One of the local river rafting crews were in the parade. The sign on the back of their raft read “Paddle Faster. I Hear Banjo Music”.

One couple were walking with an unfair share of Pomeranians (3!) and I fell in love with the black and white one. If I get the chance to adopt a pooch that looks like him, I would have a hard time turning him down! I miss Kibble.

We enjoyed the rest of the morning in Creede and spent the afternoon quietly painting (me) and watching CD’s (both of us). Tonight we are supposed to be able to watch the fireworks in town from our RV Park. Georgia will stay inside. Fireworks are at the bottom of her list of favorite things.





No comments: